Montclair Country Club, Virginia – Policies and Procedures
This publication summarizes important rules and regulations for all members and guests. Playing on the course will be in accordance with the current USGA Rules of Golf and local rules giving you and other members the best opportunity to enjoy your experiences at Montclair Country Club, Virginia.
All golfers must check in with the golf shop prior to starting play. Members are required to alert the Pro-Shop staff that they will be playing. All play will start on the first tee unless directed/approved by the Pro-Shop staff. We ask you to be considerate to fellow members by having your group “ready to go” at least (10) minutes prior to your starting time. “Ready to go” refers to all players having completed registering in the golf shop.
All Club Events and Outside Contracted Special Events have precedence over regular starting times and open play. All members are encouraged to call the Golf Shop before attempting to “Walk On” to ensure availability.
All guests must register in the golf shop. Members are responsible for the conduct and all financial obligations incurred by their guests. If guests do not register in the golf shop, the prevailing guest rate will be charged to the member’s account.
All golfers are required to check in with the golf shop prior to using the range or practice facilities. Range balls are located on the driving range and are intended for the range and short game practice areas only. The range will be open from one hour after dawn until one hour before dusk, except on range maintenance days. The Range will close on Wednesdays @ 5 PM for clean picking. The range will re-open Thursdays @ 10 AM after scheduled maintenance. Please note that this schedule may change to accommodate special events.
The grass tee area will be available at the discretion of the golf course superintendent, or his designated representative, based on weather conditions and/or maintenance requirements. We will strive to have grass tees open on Saturdays and Sundays from mid-May to early October. All golfers using the driving range are subject to the rules of the day.
Pace of Play
An appropriate pace of play must be maintained so that all members and guests can enjoy their round of golf. A round of golf at Montclair Country Club, Virginia should be completed in 4 hours and 15 minutes.
Each player is responsible for their group maintaining proper position on the golf course in relation to the rest of the field. The position of the group following has no bearing in determining whether or not a player’s pace of play is satisfactory.
If a group falls out of position and is restricting the pace of play they will be instructed by the Golf Professional to improve their pace.
If the group continues to lag, a second warning will be delivered by the Golf Professional and the group will be asked to skip holes to get back into position.
This policy will be enforced.
At the Turn
It is important to keep the pace of play and maintain your position when stopping at the turn. During the golf season, weather permitting, we will provide a food and beverage cart on the course to better serve you and provide a more enjoyable golfing experience.
Members and guests are required to check in and sign our “cart agreement receipt” prior to being given a golf cart. General cart guidelines are as follows:
- All carts are subject to the posted rules.
- Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license to rent or operate a golf cart
- The golf cart driver is responsible for physical damage to golf carts in their possession.
- Daily cart rules are posted in the Pro-Shop.
- Daily cart rules will be made by the Golf Course Superintendent and will be administered by the club Golf Professional
- No individual without a valid driver’s license is allowed to operate a golf cart
- All carts must remain on the cart path within 50 yards from each green and tee.
- All carts must obey posted directional signs and rope on the fairways and cart paths.
- Golf carts must remain on the cart path on all par 3 holes.
- Standard golf carts may only be occupied by a maximum of two individuals. Limousine carts allow up to four individuals.
Golf Course Care
To maintain enjoyable course conditions, we need every player to be conscientious and help. Please always take time to:
- Repair your ball mark, and at least one other on the green.
- Replace your divots and/or fill your divots with the sand mixture provided on the golf carts.
- Rake bunkers and return rakes to an area inside of the bunker on the opposite side of greenside bunkers and on the fairway side of fairway bunkers.
- Avoid all wet areas with the golf carts.
Credit Book & Chit Book
Credit book will continue. Credits need to be used by December 31st.